Experience and Skills:
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for documenting patient history (including social, family, and past medical), medications, physical examination, review of systems as dictated by the provider in the patient room. Provides information regarding labs, imaging, referrals or any other pertinent information needed by the provider in the exam room. Conveys a positive image of clinic.
- Work with/accompany physician at all times
- Document information in EHR as dictated by provider in exam room
- Identify and relay information regarding test, procedures, etc. from patient chart
- Order all labs, imaging, prescriptions, etc. in EHR
- Retrieve samples
- Enter diagnoses in EHR
- Enter charges in MD chart when applicable
- Complete medical record in EHR for physician to sign
- Maintain good communication with partnering RMA/CMA
- Develop strong working relationship with physician
- Be responsive to provider and patient needs while in exam room
- Communicate clearly with provider, patient, and co-workders
- Fulfills organization responsibilities as assigned which may include: respecting/promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisors quickly.
- Maintains OSHA/HIPPA Compliance as assigned to include: updating manuals; first responder for employees with exposures/incidents.
- Other responsibilities or duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Organization skills
- Excellent, legible penmanship
- Upper level typing skills - minimum 60+wpm
- Above average grammar/spelling
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Understaning and compliance with confidentiality/privacy
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity and comfort working within Allscripts - including orders, prescriptions, note, etc.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to focus
- Ability to cope with job stress
- Knowledge of health care field and medical specialty.
- Knowledge of specific assisting tasks related to particular medical specialty.
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
- Skill in tact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
- Skill in understanding of patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete delegated tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.